WildCare Foundation: Wildlife Care Team Leader
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Associate's
Experience Requirement: 1-2 years
WildCare provides people a place to bring native wildlife struggling to survive with the goal of releasing healthy individuals back to nature. WildCare is the largest wildlife rehabilitation facility in Oklahoma accepting 6,000+ animals annually from 100+ species.
WildCare is seeking experienced wildlife rehabilitators with a minimum of 2 years experience. This is a paid full-time staff position with an established center admitting 6,000+ animals annually. You will be working closely with 6 staff, 1 DVM, 14 interns and volunteers.
Oversee and perform daily wildlife rehabilitation care in assigned care areas and help train and oversee interns and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and oversee daily rehabilitative care for wildlife patients in assigned care areas, including feeding and cleaning, treatment, and monitoring patient progress
- Identify the need for veterinary care; participate in patient rounds with the veterinarian
- Implement and ensure patient protocols are being followed
- Help evaluate patients for release and coordinate releases
- Perform patient admissions and intake exams as needed
- Be able to execute certain euthanasia protocols as directed
- Train and supervise all animal care personnel
- Delegate tasks appropriately based on protocol, work load and skill level
- Recognize when and what projects need to be completed and communicate them to the Care Manager
- Monitor the use of resources and communicate them to the Care Manager
- Maintain a professional and safe work environment
- Respond to public inquiries via phone, in person and social media as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the Care Manager or Executive Director